Скачать Glorious Companions на Windows, Mac, Linux
Описание Glorious Companions
Early Access Incoming
Make sure to add Glorious Companions to your wishlist for a notification on release.
Об игреGlorious Companions is a turn based tactical RPG set in an original dark fantasy world of Navaroth where you craft your own journey as a leader of a mercenary company. Aspire to become a powerful lord, solve the mystery of the Ancient Guardians or just ride around the continent building your fortune on trade.
The world of Navaroth has been carefully built and maintained by us throughout the years. The whole premise began as a pen-and-paper RPG system. Even the game itself had many different forms throughout the years. In 2009 it was a small mini-game with 2D cards representing the characters. However, it has turned into so much more.
- Custom and gritty combat system: no one is invincible as a single well-aimed strike can take out a careless warrior.
- No battle is truly over until it’s over: eliminate the enemy captain to win the battle, but be careful as it works the other way around too!
- Tried and proven formula: the world of Navaroth has its roots in an original pen-and-paper RPG system featuring a science based magic system.
- Pick your side: become an ally to the vengeful Scarres or join the ranks of the wise Valrenay militia. More factions will be revealed during the development.
- Take care of your men: keep their morale high by serving them luxury food and alcohols, train them at special facilities when they gather enough experience and crucially - don’t let them bleed out after a tough battle.
- No two soldiers are ever the same: play to your units natural predispositions, train and equip them to your liking.
- New world on each playthrough: the continent and its political climate are procedurally generated at the beginning of every journey.
- Start small and expand: focus first on making a name for yourself as a lord by winning small skirmishes, or lay the foundations of a thriving merchant guild.
- More power means more responsibility: a wise leader is not merely an army commander; attend to a variety of political and economic issues as your empire grows.
- Danger from afar: try not to get too complacent, as the Ancient Guardians eventually wake up and threaten the known world.
At the very beginning there’s only you, your family’s grumpy servant and a rusty sword against the entire world. Forget about a big army of professional mercenaries, you’ll have to settle for a bunch of shoddy, club-wielding scoundrels as you work your way up and gain enough credibility and coin to hire better companions.
Remember that the journey is not a fairy tale. You will scramble for gold to keep your party fed, rested and more importantly, with their pouches full of coins - as your men will not stay with you for very long without their wages paid on time.
Your units earn experience points proportionate to their contribution on the battlefield. Send them to train in militia barracks or to master new abilities in distant shrines and they’ll come back stronger a few days later. You’ll be able to choose from a plethora of different equipment to gear them appropriately. Each item and armor piece has different qualities and there are no clear-cut best builds for every possible scenario - all the weapons are designed to be viable under favorable conditions.
Folks say that a brave commander doesn’t hide behind their troops. What they don’t tell you, though, is that they’re usually not alive for their second battle. You’ll have to be very careful to not overextend and yet not appear too scared to join the fray, as your men will take notice of that.
Depending on your starting archetype your lord commander will provide a different aura that helps nearby companions. Fighter’s Command is a buff that will help you to build a protective formation around your commander by granting nearby units a shielding/parrying bonus for each ally unit in direct contact with one another. Skirmisher’s Path on the other hand, grants a dodging and mobility boost for nearby units who are not standing next to allies. You’ll unlock more unique commander abilities as you progress in the game.
The game is a big breathing world where things happen even if you stay idle or focus on doing your own thing. Decide between rising in the ranks of the chosen faction, or risk making more enemies by founding your own kingdom; between playing dirty and taking any advantage you can, or becoming an honorable hero; between making bank and making allies.
Your end game is dependant on your play style and the actions you took. There’s no set story in the world of Navaroth. You may end up managing wood supplies between a dozen cities you own. Who knows, you might simply enjoy the life of a vigilante’s band leader and decide to stay on the run. This is your story.